Saturday, February 1, 2014

Allow me to reintroduce myself...

I had a narrow idea about just how elaborate the world really is. Whether it was a movie I carefully watched, a song I visually listened to, an article I quietly pondered, or a conversation I casually sat through.... curiosity sparked and I simply knew I had to personally experience just how much the world has to offer. 

 

The beautiful picture above doesn't do the city justice, but it's an honest start. Florence is an old city with a rich history and a subtle sense of newness that perfectly brings the aging city to life. The unique clash between vecchio and nuovo  is what unites the dormant buildings and the young atmosphere. Describe it in one word? I'll try. 
REFRESHING. 


From the sassy fashion boutiques to the student loving gelato business owners, Florence is exactly where I need to be. The streets are filled with foreigners and Florentines alike, all walking on the wet cobblestone, enjoying the pleasant atmosphere, and dodging the quiet electric cars driving at NASCAR-like speeds. 

I see opportunity, excitement, and a need to step outside of my comfort zone in the near future. Stay tuned for more vivid photos, more dynamic perspectives, and more worldly insight from yours truly.
~ Eli