Monday, February 17, 2014

Smart in Love

 “The way you invest your love, you invest your life.” 
Chocolate Fair 
I’m a pretty savvy investor, putting most of my resources and energy into investments I deem absolutely worthy through careful observation, full understanding, and analysis of the expected return. With some investments riskier than others, I’ll admit, I’ve made a few bad calls and have been forced to learn a few lessons on strategy the hard way. However, just like the Dow Jones, I was up 126 points the minute I decided to make the biggest investment in a little something I like to call myself. Expected return: 15% increase in laughter, 20% increase in bread intake, 30% increase in global awareness, and 35% increase in brain power, my favorite!
Viareggio
The longer I’m in Florence, the longer I want to leave Florence to satisfy my innate child-like urges to navigate my curiosities. Glad to say, I exceeded my own expectations….Venice and Viareggio were both incredible.  Everywhere I go, there’s a taste of Italy, but everywhere I go, there’s an intangible uniqueness that gives me the variety and consistency I need to continue developing and adapting to new environments. Now, I have some more lifelong memories to grow old with all thanks to lifelong sacrifice and lifelong strategic investments.
Venice
I pour all my love into my friendships, family, work, and school, which each mean the world to me. I didn’t realize how much I’d actually miss home, until I did….everyday..…and I am beyond grateful to have so much to miss. However, it is now time to diversify my portfolio and invest my love into myself. Narcissistic? Nah. Egotistical? Possibly. Selfish, absolutely. But in the great words of Mr. Howard Roark “Men have been taught that the highest virtue is not to achieve, but to give. Yet one cannot give that which has not been created. Creation comes before distribution-or there will be nothing to distribute. The need of the creator comes before the need of any possible beneficiary.” Let’s be true to ourselves and take care of our mind and body first. Selflessness is beautiful, but so is each individual and his/her creation. Mitigate a little risk and invest love without fear into yourself every now and then, it’s fun 


Happy Valentine’s Day <3